A lot of patients often get confused between a crown post and core and a dental implant. How exactly is a crown post can core fitted into a tooth? What’s the difference between crown post and core and a dental implant?
Root Canal Treatment
1. After root canal treatment there is a observation period of 1 to 2 weeks to see if there is any pain. If there is no pain then a crown post and core can be placed.
2. It is a type of dental restoration required where there is an inadequate amount of sound tooth tissue remaining to retain a conventional crown.
3. X-rays will be taken to see the length of the root and the situation within the tooth. A mold will be taken for the post and core.
4. The post and core will then be placed into the tooth, there is certain post material available such as ceramic posts, fiber posts and metal posts. For front teeth ceramic and fiber posts are most commonly used. Metal posts are used for back teeth due to durability.
Difference Between Crown Post and Core and Dental Implants?
1. Crown post and core are used for teeth that still have roots, whereas a dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth.
2. A crown post and core is placed into the root of the tooth and the crown is fitted above. A dental implant is where the implant is implanted into the jaw bone and the crown is fitted onto the abutment.
3. Costs for crown post and core start at over a few thousand RMB whereas the price of dental implants are over 10,000 RMB.